Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What the Hell???

I teach 8th graders. I have to wonder, what the hell are these kids learning at home? I mean, really.

On a daily basis here is a standard conversation:

Me: Where is your homework?
Student: I forgot it.
Me: You must want to flunk my class. You must not want to culminate.
Student: No, I wanna pass your class and I want to culminate.
Me: There is no way you can pass my class if you don’t do your work.

And yet the same students still refuse to do any work. Go figure.

Here is an example of how they write:

i am an eighth grader.i go to middle school i have lots of friends.lol.

No capitalization, no commas, no spaces. It’s bad. It’s like everything they learn goes in one ear and out the other.

No wonder I’m so tired every day when I leave school.

Calgon....take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment